Nurture Whole Health, Enhance Fertility
At Yintuition Wellness our objective is to nurture whole health to support your body's ability to conceive. Just as a gardener nourishes the soil before planting seeds, we will work together to cultivate a foundation of optimal health and hormone balance to enhance your fertility.
In order to achieve this goal, our approach begins with an in-depth consultation to uncover any underlying factors that may be preventing you from conceiving or maintaining a pregnancy. Based on the consultation, we will develop a comprehensive customized program to address your unique needs. Combining acupuncture, herbal supplementation, stress management, and diet modification, we will rebalance your hormones and regulate your menstrual cycle, bringing your body into an optimal state for conception.
The process of trying to conceive is full of uncertainty. As partners in this process we will help guide and support you to take control of your fertility and access the innate intelligence of our bodies. Your personalized program will empower you to become more attuned to your body to help you confidently navigate your fertility journey.
Am I a Good Candidate for Acupuncture?
Fertility Acupuncture is an excellent choice for anyone who is trying to get pregnant, especially if you:
- Are planning to get pregnant in the next 3-6 months
- Have been trying to get pregnant for 12 months or more
- Have experienced recurrent miscarriages
- Are trying to conceive with IUI, IVF, or ICSI
- Have been diagnosed with:
- Unexplained Infertility
- High FSH
- Decreased Ovarian Reserve
- Poor Egg Quality
- Male-Factor Infertility
How Can Acupuncture Help?
Whether you and your partner are trying to conceive naturally or with assisted reproductive therapies, such as IVF, IUI or ICSI, acupuncture and Chinese medicine can help optimize ovary function and reproductive health by:
- Regulating hormone balance
- Improving egg quality
- Promoting circulation to the ovaries and uterus
- Improving uterine lining thickness
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Mediating immune factors
- Addressing underlying causes, such as endometriosis or PCOS
- Addressing lifestyle factors, such as diet, stress, weight, and sleep
Medical Evidence for Fertility Acupuncture
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine have been used for thousands of years to help women conceive. In the last decade modern science has confirmed their effectiveness in clinical trials. According to the medical literature, acupuncture has the following potential fertility-enhancing benefits:
- Increased blood flow to the uterus and therefore uterine wall thickness
- Increased endorphin production, which in turn, has been shown to effect the release of a gonadtrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH), a decapeptide involved in regulating reproduction
- Lower stress hormones
- Impact on plasma levels of the fertility hormones: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol (E2), and Progesterone (P)
- Normalization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis
- A positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, a hormonal imbalance present in three percent of adolescents and adults.
Note: This list was taken directly from a review of existing studies on acupuncture and infertility performed by researchers from WEILL CORNELL Medical Center, New York.